Wednesday 3 August 2022

Feral Jumper

While visiting the John Arbon mill in South Molton with Amanda, I must confess to having bought a few skeins of yarn.  Quelle surprise!   I had bought some colours previously and had found a Marie Wallin pattern that I wanted to make - Mousa from her Shetland book - and had a vague idea of the colours I needed to buy to supplement what I already had, except for the main colour.   For some very odd reason, I chose pink.  I never wear pink!   However, it seems perfect for the other colours and I do love this jumper for its motifs, its colours but also the fact I can sling it on over a long sleeve teeshirt and be warm and cosy.   It's so warm  - obviously because of the double thickness of the yarn where I've taken the floats across the back - that I don't actually think I could have worn it with sleeves - it would have been much too warm, and I'm never THAT cold where I need loads of layers.   It's perfect, if I do say so myself!









(The "feral" name harks back to Shannon, bless her, when she'd seen Fair Isle written down but didn't know how to pronounce it.  When she talked about my feral hat back at the Sheringham Viking festival a couple of years ago, we thought it was hilarious, and the name has stuck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment