Sunday 28 April 2013

Domesticity

My weekends are generally so full of me dashing around completing chores and visiting people, that I really treasure the ones where not much happens. Andy's been up for the weekend and we haven't done an awful lot because we've been Sid-sitting and I'm still nervous about leaving Finn and Sid alone together - I'm sure they would be fine, but they have been known to scrap before now.  Mainly because Sid just wants to be with Finn all the time and Finn needs his own space. 

So, we've been catching up on TV that we've missed, chatting loads, cooking together, eating, drinking and sitting in the garden - when it's warmed up sufficiently to do so.  I've also been busy trying to decrease the wool stash, thinking up creative ways with scrap wools, etc. 
We've also spent some time planning some us-time together - including camping and fishing trips for the summer.  And, when dropping Sid over at Mum and Dad's this morning, Dad's offered me all his old kitchen cupboards - they're having a new kitchen fitted - so we dashed home (after a trip to some local fishing lakes) to plan where to put them in the outhouse.  I think there will soon be quite a lot of upheaval in my little house!

No comments:

Post a Comment