Saturday 10 May 2014

Tada! "Sew Happy" Dress

So, here it is - my first effort at dressmaking since 1982!  



I am so proud of this, I can't put it into words.  I've loved every minute of the process and construction, even laughing and enjoying when I've made mistakes - like the sewn up comedy armholes!   I have already bought the fabric to make the next one - the same pattern but different material - and I need to get a shimmy on as I've rashly announced that I'm going to wear it to a wedding in mid June!  

I wore the dress to the start of my new term at college - trousers next, eek! - and my tutor said that, for a first attempt, I'd made a "wonderful job".  She also said that my handstitching on the hems is some of the neatest she'd ever seen.   And I got a round of applause - which was mortifying, but very gratifying at the same time!



No comments:

Post a Comment