Saturday 11 June 2016

Tulipomania

Definitions for tulipomania

(in 17th-century Holland) a widespread obsession with tulips, especially of highly prized varieties, as those of a streaked, variegated, or unusual color.

I have recently signed up to Dictionary.Com who send me a "word of the day" by email every evening and this one struck me as quite appropriate a few weeks back as I think I might have been suffering from this!  Sadly, I'm not any more because all the tubs look so horribly messy now the flowers have finished and I've just got leggy stalks out the front.  I have already started to pull some of the bulbs up to dry - although I probably shouldn't have just yet - but I needed a couple of the tubs for tomato plants.   

Still, here's a lovely selection of photos of how my garden looked a few weeks ago!


And here's some mesembryanthemum too!


No comments:

Post a Comment