Friday 11 August 2017

Seeds and Stuff - July 2017

Everything in the garden is blooming lovely this year!  I've been quite lucky with seeds again this year and am very proud of these scabious which I've grown from seed, they are variety Black Knight and they actually look lighter in the photos - they do look almost black in real life.

I also managed to grow some borage from seed, but it has since succumbed to neglect mainly, but something has definitely eaten the flower since.  It's totally my own fault - I've been told enough at college this year that only unhealthy plants will be eaten - pests will avoid anything that's thriving.  So next time I need to water more and get everything potted on before it rots.


The other star of the garden this year is the honeysuckle which was a cheap bargain plant in a supermarket - I think they were three for a fiver?  Anyhow, it has taken over the kitchen wall and smells beautiful - especially late in the evenings.  Very happy with this purchase.
As for the rest of the garden, the shrubs are doing really well and we've had lots of colour out there this year, despite my neglect!
And I found this on my washing one day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment