Monday 10 June 2013

Car trouble

A Daihatsu Grand Move is not a vehicle that is happy with offroading.  Despite all outward appearances that it is a tank, it quite clearly isn't.  So today, I've been carless as it is in the car hospital, getting a new exhaust and new windscreen wipers - they weren't affected by the offroading, they were just knackered anyway!

After dropping the car off, I spent a very productive couple of hours wandering the streets of our fine city on a general fact finding mission.  I usually head to the mainstream shops in Norwich - usually because I have a list that I must not deviate from.  Otherwise, my shopping trips would end in anarchy!  But today I've found a useful little wool shop on Upper Goat Lane that has a weekly knit and natter group; I've found a lovely shop on St Benedicts - Arts Desire - which, as well as selling gifts - runs art and design classes and has some beautiful fabrics out the back; I've also sourced a couple of bric a brac shops on St Benedicts for buttons, beads and ribbons; and I've discovered (while visiting the Art College) that there is a Costume and Textile Association in Norwich.  The CTA gives lectures and organises tours of costume exhibitions - both in Norwich and nationally.  And, quite apart from anything else, being a member gives you 10 per cent discount in Anglian Fashion Fabrics on Magdalen Street.  I'm a very happy bunny today after my recce. But, first, I've got to get that bloody loft sorted so I can get the sewing machine out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment