Saturday 13 December 2014

Folksy Sale #6

This week has made me really think about the way I use Folksy.  I've been pretty bad about making stock and putting it in the online shop this year, but that's pretty much because I've become obsessed with dressmaking instead.   I resolve to do more for the shop next year!   I can't start yet, because, with only twelve days left to Christmas, I still have fourteen things on my list to finish.   Talk about lastminute.com

The reason I've been reminded of Folksy's existence is that we made two sales this week which has come as a lovely surprise.   Last year we did a few craft fairs and it's much more tangible when you have a stall that people come and look at your stuff and you get a real feel that people are definitely buying for Christmas presents.  This year, I had forgotten what that feels like.   What's interesting is that the two items we've sold this week are both socks - one a pair of lacy bedsocks and the other a large pair of man's socks.   Last year we sold LOADS of socks and I even sold five pairs this summer too, as a commission for someone.   I've started a list of the things that do well so I know what I should be concentrating on, and not just flitting from one lovely project to another!  No focus, that's my trouble!





No comments:

Post a Comment