Saturday 27 December 2014

Folksy Sale #7

I cannot believe how far behind I am with posts at the moment - despite it being 27 December, I still have posts to put up for Finn's anniversary (13 December), day out with the girls in Covent Garden (14 December), an un-Christmas (weekend of 20/21 December), Christmas Day and Boxing Day.   I resolve to be more prompt next year!

However, I wanted to blog about these socks .....


I love making socks - they're probably my most favourite thing to make, but it turns out that they're helping a lot of people out.  I had an order for five pairs in the summer from a chap who had really bad circulation and was also having chemo for skin cancer - chemo apparently makes your extremities really cold so bedsocks are needed.   (I sort of knew this already as I'd made a couple of pairs of socks for my friend Carol a couple of years ago who was having this treatment.)


Anyway, this pair sold a couple of weeks ago and I had the most wonderful thank you email from the lady who ordered these for her Dad.

Hi Susan,

The socks have just arrived . They are beautiful thank you. They are for my Dad who has really bad circulation and these will be perfect ! you are very clever I wish I could knit like that ! I can just about run to a scarf !!!!

Thanks again, Merry Christmas I will be back for more !!!!!

Anne


I've copied and pasted below the description I put on Folksy - hope I don't get done for Folksy copyright, although, strictly speaking, I wrote the blinking thing!

Description

Lovely ankle length socks - knitted with a long cuff which makes them a bit slouchy - ideal for anyone with circulation problems as there's no elastic to cut into you. Perfect as bed socks! Or just for lounging around in. Made on five needles and knitted in the round, so no seams either. Fits up to a size 10.5/ 11 foot comfortably.

Inspiration

These socks are so soft and fine, perfect for lounging around in, or wearing as bed socks. There are no seams or elastic to interfere with your circulation. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment