Wednesday 18 February 2015

Folksy Sale #8

I really need to make more socks - given that I've sold more socks than anything else I've ever made, I'm not sure why I've stopped making them? Too engrossed in the bigger blanket projects and dressmaking, I expect.


Given that socks are such a portable project, I should probably pop them in my bag every time I go down to the caravan for a weekend, or even take them to work to make in my lunchbreaks. Must remember to pack them in my work rucksack!


I love these socks - they're made in Opal wool for a change.  Proper sock wool.  I usually make my socks in Sirdar Crofter which is a very fine double knit wool, or King Cole Zigzag, a four ply wool, which is what the pattern calls for.  Opal wool is proper sock wool and the only reason I had a ball was because Amanda didn't think she'd use it.

  
And one day I might even get around to making a pair for myself - probably when the carpet is taken up in my house and I finally get laminate flooring.   If I were to wear socks in this house, with the amount of Finn's hair all over the floor, I'd end up looking like a hobbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment