Sunday 15 February 2015

Tada! "Beach Huts" Baby Blanket and Scarf

Just before Christmas, I finished another wave baby blanket - for Elle and, subsequently, Molly Rose, who was born this week. All the other wave blankets I've made have been inspired by someone who really knows her colours - Lucy from Attic24 who did textile design at college and who has an unfailing sense of colour and what shades go together.   When I told Shannon I was going to have a go at choosing my own colours, I think we were probably ALL a bit nervous - I do tend to choose lary colours. And we did have a chuckle that the "Susan" blanket was made up of fifteen colours that I really loved but probably didn't go together! However, I think this one's a winner ...





And, because it was a baby sized blanket rather than a double bed size blanket, I had lots of wool left over so decided to make a scarf, which is currently being paraded around Salford and Manchester, draped around the neck of cousin Stephanie!


Although I've used exactly the same colours, I think it looks very different.  With Elle's blanket, I did just four rows in each colour before changing to the next.  But, for the scarf, I knitted three repeats - twelve rows - before changing colour.  



I really can't choose between the two as to which is my favourite.  I think they're both gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment