Tuesday 3 February 2015

Tada! "Twins!" Cardigans


This cardigan was made for Jessica's fifth birthday.


And this was made for Shannon's Christmas present.   Shannon is twenty-six!

It's very rare that pattern writers manage to get a pattern right with such differing measurements, but this pattern is fab.  It's a Sirdar pattern - I think for Sirdar Crofter wool - the pattern is up in the loft and it's too cold this evening to run up there to confirm!   It's definitely Sirdar.   Instead of the Crofter wool, I had some Sirdar Montana which I was keen to use - this colourway is Big Sky.   The cardigan has three quarter length sleeves and is a really pretty cover up with a very striking diagonal ridge pattern.  I can't wait to make one for me!  This wool goes ever such a long way - I managed to make both cardigans from just one 500 gramme pack and I still had a bit left over to make some hexipuffs when I get round to it.



I found these lovely buttons in Hobbycraft and wish I'd bought more now as I'm sure I could find hundreds of fabrics or wools that would be beautifully matched to these.



Shannon sent me these selfies of the cardigan.  I did comment that it was a beautiful fit, but she did confess that she'd put a couple of stitches in to make it more snug!   Sneaky!

Blog update:   after I sent the link to this post to Ruth, I received an email with a photo of Jessica wearing her version of the cardigan.


And what's pretty amazing is that the colours in Jessica's cardigan have fallen in almost the same colour stripes as Shannon's.  Magic!


And I couldn't have a photo of Jessica without a photo of Katherine in another of my creations - I love this cardigan - the colours are beautiful and this one is 100 per cent wool so really soft too.   

Such beautiful girls, but growing up way too quickly for my liking!


No comments:

Post a Comment