Thursday 5 February 2015

Ice

I should have known that our walk was going to be full of incident, when Finn jumped out of the car onto the icy road and flew spreadeagled down the lane, looking like Bambi!   He seemed to really enjoy it though and did lots of running and sliding along on his bum - he's such a boy!   I took the sensible route and marched straight down the middle of the road where there were no grass verges, and I stuck to the grass when I could.  I hate ice!   I am so nervous of it.   But, in truth, we have been very lucky in East Anglia with the lack of snow and ice so far and I really feel for those around the country who have not been so lucky.



It's very very cold though, despite the scarcity of ice, and we marched as briskly as we could to get a good walk, before heading to Mum and Dad's for a cuppa!


These lanes that we walk on - in Worthing and Hoe - are about a mile from Mum and Dad's - it's so beautiful around here.   This photo is a view of Billingford Lakes taken through a gap in the hedgerow.



Finn of course wanted a swim - bbbbrrrrrrr.   It was at this point that I thought we really ought to get to Mum and Dad so I could get him properly dry and warm.   Bloody dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment