Wednesday 17 June 2015

Appleblossom and Bluebells

I'm so behind with posts, it's not true.  If I were to pick two flowers today that sum up my garden, it would be foxgloves and roses, certainly not appleblossom and bluebells.  The bluebells have long gone and the appleblossom has now become fruit - I've got masses of apples again this year.  What will I do with them all? (And don't even mention plums - I thought I had tonnes of them last year, but there are so many more this year, that I'm thinking of giving plum jam and spiced plum chutney to everyone for Christmas!)



Appleblossom is beautiful enough as it is, but is just stunning set against a clear blue spring sky. Gorgeous.



I was rather worried that the blossom would come to nothing - as I hadn't pruned the tree at all after it had fruited last year, but now it's taken over the pergola.  It looks a bit messy, but maybe I'll do something about it this winter instead.  If I remember!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment