Thursday 4 June 2015

Odds and Sods - May 2015

May has been another crazy month - so much for slowing down a bit. I've had lots of day trips - Hunstanton with Amanda; Swaffham with Dad; Sheringham with Shannon; Creake Abbey Plant Fair with Mum and Dad; Wymondham Open Studios with Amanda and Shannon.. I've voted in a general election!  I've had lots of people over for dinner and have tried out a few new dishes - which have gone down so well that I've had to furnish the recipients with the recipes. I've started sewing again and am making a new dress for Shannon. And I've had another weekend in London with Andy but not Finn. I'll be writing up blog posts for most of these episodes, but this post is all about remembering the everyday stuff.

And this month, it's pretty much all about Finn and fabric!






I've discovered Vlisco - goodness me, I love their fabrics. They are made in Holland mainly for the African market - and their website is amazing. I discovered them when Andy and I stayed in Whitechapel earlier this year - there are a number of fabric shops round the back of Liverpool Street station which stock them. The shop has never been open on the two occasions I've been down this year - probably just as well! But I took some photos this time. Gorgeous!

And then there's Finn - he's being really snuggly at the moment. The vet has put him on a diet and he started off being really grumpy, but now I think he's used to it and doesn't spend so much time gazing at the biscuit tin - probably because he knows he isn't getting any! Little tinker.



Here he is with his rusty orange nose after he dismantled the fire pit one day while I was at work, to get to the two burnt sausages that were nestling among the charcoal and bits of wood!



Too cute for words!




Think he was mesmerised by the birds in the garden in this photo - he was absolutely NOT going to look at the camera, despite my cajoling!



No comments:

Post a Comment