Sunday 21 June 2015

Sheringham and Alby Crafts

On a dry, but very blustery, day back in May, Shannon and I headed up to the north Norfolk coast.  The plan was to visit Sheringham and then Cromer - however, we got so distracted by the wool, fabric and hardware shops in Sheringham and then by the gift shops and tearooms, oh and the market too - that we ran out of time for Cromer - we will save that for another day!

I can take no credit for any of these photos - unbelieveably, I forgot to take my camera with me - unheard of! So these photos are all Shannon's.





It was a bit choppy!

There are lots of murals painted on the sea wall and this one is fab because they've painted the plain wall to make it look like a cobbled effect too.





There's always something going on in Sheringham and this weekend was no exception - it looked to me like a Triumph owners' club or something - I chose my car quite quickly - it was the brightest one of the lot!


A proper yellow peril!


I liked this one too, although Andy wouldn't countenance a red car!


We spotted this garden on the way back to the car and I declared this is how I want my front garden to look one day.  It was beautiful and in a really small space too - they'd certainly crammed lots of stuff in.Gorgeous.


As we'd had lunch at Sheringham, we thought it was only right to stop and have tea somewhere, so headed inland to Alby Crafts - where there is a tearoom, gardens to walk around, some craft workshops and a gift shop. We passed fields of rapeseed on the way which looked extra bright, with the stormy skies that were brewing.



We each had a lump of cake in the tearooms and Shannon bought herself a Norfolk egg for tea - like a Scotch egg, but made up of bacon and potato and egg. I've been instructed that we need to go back there again to get more!

A fab day - lots purchased in Sheringham.  Nothing purchased at Alby except for cake, although Shannon has signed us up for about ninety-six art courses!  Can't wait to do it all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment