Tuesday 4 August 2015

Odds and Sods - July 2015

July has gone by in a blur - this year is going far too quickly for my liking.

It's been very sociable - we've had Dad's birthday tea with the family.  We've had a Knitters with Attitude away day at Shirley's (several posts to follow).  I've been shopping and lunching with Rachel in Bury St Edmunds.



Mum, Dad and I have been down to visit a garden in Muswell Hill (another post to follow!).  I've been to the Belgian Monk for a catch up with Bev and Caroline and it's so lovely to sit in a beer garden in the evening after work - something I don't do enough in the summer and really ought to remedy.  And I've been to Newmarket Races with Amanda for a few bets on the gee gees and to see the Kaiser Chiefs (yet another post to follow!).

I've also done quite a bit of walking this month too and am very excited to report an adventure in the offing!  I'm going to resume my coastal walk, starting next April - holiday already booked - so am doing more walking as part of the training.




This is us on the Marriots Way.


And this is what I'll be doing next year - this is an early birthday present from Amanda but I couldn't wait for my birthday to open it!  182 miles of coastal walking to get me into Scotland - excited!



Talking of birthday presents, I have some birthday walking sandals too - from Andy.  I love them!


The weather has been very changeable - some sunshine, lots of rain, very dramatic skies - this is a belter of a sky, one evening when I got home from work.


And Finn has been spending a lot of time out in the rain - I've come home from work a couple of times to not be greeted at the door by Finn - which always puts me in a blind panic, that he might have escaped out of the back garden.  But, no, he's usually to be found lying in the back garden in the rain - daft dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment