Wednesday 20 June 2018

Other People's Gardens - May 2018

Do I look like a gardener?!
This is my new uniform and I love it!
As I type this, it's actually my last day of college today.  And because we were so behind with all our assessments because of the weather in the winter, we've had a frantic few weeks trying to fit everything in.  We've spent some time on the machinery - which was actually more exciting and less terrifying than I had expected!  Although I'm still hugely disappointed that we didn't get to have a go on the tractor.
We've also been weed, feed and moss killering the lawns.  That is a verb, right?!
We've also been spending quite a bit of time wandering around the college grounds enjoying the flowers when we should have been working, but you can't fail to be distracted by the beauty of everything springing into life.
The plots have continued to keep us occupied, mainly with weeding all the blinking thistles out.  I feel that we were fighting a losing battle - how we've managed to grow anything is nothing short of a miracle!
I've had quite a bit of gardening work lately which is fab - although now that college is finished, I get a day off a week again so really need to push for more business to keep me occupied.
This garden is beautiful and right next door to the church - I've been lucky enough to work here on a Sunday morning and spent the morning accompanied by the church bells.  Fabulous.
This is Mum and Dad's garden - which is also looking beautiful.  (As college finished today, we were allowed to run amok in the greenhouses and take any plants that we wanted to - and quite a few of them are now situated in Mum and Dad's garden, awaiting planting up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment