Saturday 16 June 2018

Seeds and Stuff - May 2018

Everything in the garden is blooming lovely - May is fabulous for all the lushness and everything waking up and general hope and happiness in the garden.

May is generally when I get cracking with the seeds as the soil will have warmed up a bit more and we've also got longer daylight hours.
May also is the month when we have World Naked Gardening Day - I can't believe anyone goes in for this stuff, but I did get my legs out for the occasion!
The Cercis siliquastrum is going great guns this year but as the weeks have gone on, I realise I need to thin it out a bit for next year as it's way too leafy for my liking - it's not letting any light in to anything underneath it which is restricting growth of the ground level stuff. On my to do list!



This year, at least, it has some of its "pea pods" on it, so I'm hopeful of collecting seed later in the year.

The tamarisk is in real danger of taking over the front garden, so I have given it a good old chop and will try and sort out the shaping before next spring.
The azalea has been wonderful this year.

One thing that has become apparent this year is that there is an awful lot of pink in my garden and I need to add in some more colours to zhuzh it up a bit, I think.  The yellow rose is trying its hardest to add some zing - it's certainly adding lots of beautiful fragrance - but I just need to work out what else I'm missing.   

I have my exam coming up imminently so have been spending quite a bit of time in the garden, reading and studying, rather than working.  
And I've been enjoying all the wildlife too.

No comments:

Post a Comment