Wednesday 17 July 2019

Cromer Folk Festival

I had no idea that Cromer had an annual folk festival - I don't think these things are always very well publicised, perhaps because they're a bit "niche" and the people that go to them have been going for years, so it's all a bit word of mouth?

Anyway, last year was the year I was determined to go and see/ listen to more live music and got myself a ticket to the festival.

The festival runs for a whole weekend and, while there are various smaller venues around the town - the main venue is on the pier - somewhere I'd not been before.  

It's a great little space and the sound was fantastic.   I had mainly bought my ticket to see Richard Digance, who must be about 175 by now!  I had seen him maybe thirty years ago now?   In the Fairfield Halls in Croydon.   And I know he's massively popular on the folk music circuit so bought my ticket early.  I have to say that he did a completely acoustic version of Mark Knopfler's Local Hero theme - my most favourite film ever - and the ticket money was worth it for that alone - I actually had goosebumps.


A really wonderful evening - in such an iconic venue too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment