Tuesday 2 July 2019

Odds and Sods - June 2019

June has been a strange old month with extremes of temperature and dampness!   Consequently, I've spent a lot of time indoors, hunkering down and knitting.  I've also had a weekend away and then a week away and Andy's been here for a weekend too - we managed to fit in a LOT this month!

On the weekend that Andy stayed in Norwich, he was mainly in charge of the catering while I was in charge of brewing!   We got the brandy to continue on with the beech leaf gin - the leaves have been discarded and the gin has now been mixed with the brandy and the hot water sugar solution - yum!

Finn has also been hunkering down - on the weekend that Andy was here, we actually took Finn to the vets as he's been feeling a bit poorly lately.   He has been diagnosed with arthritis in the spine and neck and so he's now on medication to loosen his joints up - it mostly works but makes him a bit pukey every now and then, so we only give him the meds every couple of days.  Poor old boy, we love him so much.

Now, this neck warmer has been a bit of a disaster - it looks beautiful, but looks can be deceiving!   It's much too tight, despite me adding in loads more stitches - I had wanted to make some for the craft fair, but have decided to put this down to experience and keep it for myself for gardening.   I need to have a serious think about the craft fair wares.

This, on the other hand, has been a massive success - Dad's birthday cardigan.  It's since had the buttons sewn on but I forgot to take a photo before wrapping it up.  If I'm lucky, I'll get a photo of Dad wearing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment