Saturday 21 June 2014

Folksy Sale #4

I love it when a "Congratulations, you have a new sale" email hits my inbox - mainly because it's such a surprise!   Not that people love our things - although that's really thrilling to us - but the fact that I almost forget we have our stuff on Folksy!  The process goes something like this:

1.  Knit something;
2.  Sew it up (eventually!);
3.  Photograph it and put it on the Folksy site;
4.  Pack item up carefully in plastic packaging and put it in the loft with everything else;
5.  Promptly forget about item and then repeat stages 1. to 5. again.  Repeatedly.

And because everything's up in the loft - out of sight, out of mind - and I'm already concentrating on what to make next, I forget about it - and am then reminded when the email notification comes though - which means a panic filled half hour or so trying to retrieve sold item and find suitable packaging material to get it to the post office as quickly as possible.   I really need to be more organised.

Our latest sale is one of my favourites actually - the grey bling shawl I made which was so enormous I could probably fashion a marquee from it.  I hope the recipient loves it as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment