Monday 30 June 2014

Tada! "Crazy Daisy" Quilted Bag

The internet is a wonderful thing.   Just type in exactly what you're looking for, and you get exactly that.   "Free sewing patterns for quilted bags" is what I typed and, hey presto, instructions to make Shannon's birthday present!   I had bought some lovely fabric with the intention of making some pyjama bottoms for Shannon, but, on finding out that she had just booked a holiday to Morocco, I decided, instead, to make a quilted bag to take to the pool, to carry kindle, towel, ipod, etc.   This fabric was perfect for a beach bag.


The bag was sewn with three layers of fabric - the outer flowery material, some "bump" which I later discovered is curtain lining, and the lining was made with remnants of my green polka dot dress fabric.  It's, sadly, not the neatest of bags, but, as a prototype, it's pretty good and Shannon really likes it, which is the main thing.


I'm really thrilled with the way it's turned out - and, on the basis that my second dress turned out much neater than my first, and the second pair of jimjam bottoms I've made (blog post to come soon!) were much more professional than the first pair, I've got high hopes for this bag.   And, given the amount of fabric people have been giving me as they've been clearing out their material stash, I can make hundreds without buying anything more than the "bump" and sewing cotton.   Lovely job!

No comments:

Post a Comment