Wednesday 23 July 2014

Hydrangeas

I love hydrangeas - I know they can be considered a bit old fashioned, but I'm an old fashioned girl, so we're well suited!   I have two huge shrubs in the back garden - one a really bright pink variety and the other a lacy pale pink version.  I'm surprised that the pale pink one does as well as it does - especially given that Finn has taken to digging it up.  I've been wondering whether the people who lived here before buried anything under there - as Finn has dug a considerably sized hole.   Do old bones smell?   I will add it to my "research" list!









I think the brighter pink hydrangea is my favourite - it's a real pop of colour, gorgeous.   And provides a really zingy backdrop to all the other colours in the garden.



I have two climbing hydrangeas in my front garden too, but they don't often flower which is a shame.  They are a creamy white colour - much more muted - and the shoots are beginning to climb and cover the walls which is wonderful, but I just wish they'd flower more.

As for the back garden, it's looking quite pink at the moment - it's all looking a bit coordinated which is probably more pleasing on the eye, but I do love clashes of colour.  I'm waiting for the courgettes and tomatoes to burst into flower, so we have flashes of yellow around to shake it up a bit!





No comments:

Post a Comment