Friday 27 March 2015

Tada! "Bonnie Blooming Heather" Wave Blanket

Every time I start a new wave blanket, I like it better than the last and it becomes my favourite.




A lot of the colours in this one are the same as those in the Seaside Wave and the Sunday Teatime Wave.



This was also knitted so that the stripes are horizontal.   Instead of the normal 456 stitches and stripes of four rows, I cast on 294 stitches for this one and knitted eight rows to each stripe.   It's not quite as big as a double bed widthwise, so I'm wondering whether I should cast on extra stitches?




I really need to address this width issue.  Personally, I think it's ok, although a couple of pattern repeats wouldn't hurt, I suppose?   When you've got that many stitches on the needles, a few more wouldn't make much difference!



And the name?  Well, the colours reminded me of walking across the Yorkshire moors, or striding through the Scottish Highlands.   The colours of heather, moss, lichens, bright blue skies, bracken.  Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment