Saturday 21 March 2015

Tada! "Navy V Neck Aran" Jumper

Normally I try and think of something clever to name the things I've made, but this has had me stumped.   So, I've called it exactly what it is.  And the reason for that is every year I ask Andy what he wants for Christmas and every year he tells me he doesn't know.  This Christmas (and this shows how far behind I am with blog posts!) I asked Andy and he was totally specific - a navy v neck aran jumper.   Well, that's exactly what he got!


I have to admit this isn't the most favourite thing I've ever made - because the navy was so dark and the pattern wasn't all over - it was kept to the sides of the jumper - it was actually really tricky to see what I was doing.   I think, had it been in a lighter colour, it would have been a joy to make as it grew really quickly and the raglan sleeves make the whole thing really neat when sewn up.


The pattern can be seen more easily in this photo because I used the flash when I didn't need to, just so the pattern is picked out.   It really is very very neat - I do like a raglan sleeve as they're so easy to sew together too.  I think this would look lovely made in a lilac colour, something heathery.  Or maybe even cream to look like a cricket jumper.  I'm not giving up on the pattern altogether, but I'm certainly going to give dark colours a miss!



No comments:

Post a Comment