Thursday 19 March 2015

Tower Bridge

When I go to London - not as often as I should - I tend to always go to the same places, so know exactly where to go after getting off the train at Liverpool Street, which tube lines, which tube stations. So I was really surprised at how near everything is to Whitechapel and how easy it is to wander around and see tonnes in a very short distance.

I often have 'phone calls from Andy when he's driving home in the evenings from Whitechapel to Heathrow - he's normally stuck at Greenford! But occasionally I get a stroppy call because Tower Bridge is raised and he can't get home.  It hadn't occurred to me that it was only a couple of minutes' drive from Whitechapel, and is actually the main route to get to the Fashion and Textile Museum at Bermondsey, the reason I ended up crossing the bridge on my Sunday morning jaunt.


It was a beautiful spring morning - although very cold - and it was fab to see the different styles of architecture from the bridge.














No comments:

Post a Comment