Wednesday 29 July 2015

Auntie June's Hebe

This monster hebe bush was originally a teeny tiny cutting from my Auntie June's and Uncle John's hebe from their Epsom garden.  Sadly, Auntie June and Uncle John are no longer with us, but, every time I see this shrub, it reminds me of them - especially when it's in flower.  It is pretty much the entire focus of the left hand side of my front garden - it's enormous!

The family were all given cuttings from the original hebe and I'm so glad that I managed to nurture mine and move it from Portsmouth up to Norfolk, and then finally to this garden in Norwich.   Sadly, I haven't had very much success at all with most of the cuttings I take - an annual torment for me!  So, if I ever move house, I'm going to have to dig up the whole bush and take it with me!





The bees love it too!


Because the bottom bit is quite woody now, I've tried to disguise that by surrounding it with big pots of lavender.








I won't give up with taking the cuttings - I've had a few small successes and I really need to persevere.  I know I couldn't bear to move and leave it behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment