Monday 21 September 2015

August Barbecue

It's been such a cold year that I've only managed to have two barbecues in my garden this year - but the most recent coincided with Andy's trip to Norwich and it was a scorcher, just crying out for us to sit in the garden.  The garden was also looking particularly beautiful which was useful!








Love my little alpine garden!   (And, as I type this, they have grown so much and the sempervivums have produced so many little babies that I am aiming to put more pots around this little collection with their offspring in!  B&Q recently had a sale of lots of ceramic pots - 50 pence each - so I acquired a number of them and soon this little collection will be even more colourful than it is now.)



And I found this beautiful fish bottle in a local charity shop to where I work - a bargain at £3 - and I knew it was exactly the thing for my garden, although wasn't sure how I could make it work.   Andy set to with some wire and his construction skills and - hey presto - here it is hanging from my pergola.  Beautiful when the sun shines on it.




I had saved up all the branches I'd sawn down from my neighbour's buddleia which overhangs the end of my garden, so Andy sawed those up for the barbecue - waste not want not in my garden.  






Finn waiting patiently for us to drop some of our food!




Yum - barbecued trout and vegetables roasted in home made garlic oil - delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment