Saturday 19 September 2015

Birdwatching

We've been told for years that sparrows are in decline.  On that basis, I think I must have the UK's entire population of them in my garden - so many of them visit us all the time.  (Perhaps that explains me spying a sparrowhawk on my pergola earlier this year - he'd come for his dinner!)





Love this photo - action shot of sparrow arriving!

Obviously, it's so much easier to photograph the birds now I have my new zoomy camera and I must admit to spending rather a lot of time gazing out at the garden waiting for the sparrows to arrive.  I get so easily distracted from housework!







These sparrows really are very entertaining.   I leave a few seed trays out in the garden to fill with rain water so they have some drinking/ bathing water.  And they love my flower pots too - they're forever in and out of those picking at flower heads.




They really are a perfect distraction from house and garden chores.


No comments:

Post a Comment