Sunday 3 January 2016

Blowing Away Cobwebs - In and Around Bude

As we were nearing the end of our holiday, I really wanted to go and say goodbye to Widemouth Bay and Crackington Haven, and also to have a quick mooch around Bude and perhaps a spot of Christmas shopping (not achieved in the end, as I wasn't feeling very inspired - I think the wind and rain had got to me that day so all I wanted to do was head back to our cottage and put my pyjamas on!).  Shannon decided she wasn't coming with us - not sure if it was the company or the weather that put her off!  So Amanda and I, Sid and Finn, headed off for a very blustery day out in north Cornwall.


First stop was Widemouth Bay - and even though the weather was filthy, we were in good spirits and spent the day laughing and trying to catch our breath mostly!









I loved this rock and took some photos of the striations, but then realised that I had no reference point to show how big the stone was - it could just have been a pebble in zoom mode.   My walking trainers come in very handy sometimes!





Amanda and Sid doing their best to take shelter!









Where does he get his energy from?


Amanda losing her hat!




So it was back to the car and heading up the coast to Bude - the weather was getting worse and Amanda had half the beach deposited on her windscreen and car windows.





I was laughing here as the wind kept taking me by surprise and I almost fell over - Amanda has the funniest photos of this episode!





I love the colours of these beach huts at Bude.







There were even people swimming in the open air pool at Bude - madness!







This really tickled me - swimmers changing to get into the pool, but they had, with great foresight, brought their thermos with them!  I hope they had a hot toddy in there!






As, by this time, we were both cold and not a little hysterical, we decided to head off to the Haven Cafe at Crackington Haven for lunch and to warm up.  









Mmmmm, pea and ham soup - again!

And then, suitably fortified, we headed onto the beach with Finn and Sid again for another charge around and some more fresh air - although I maintain that I'd probably had enough by then!





















No comments:

Post a Comment