Saturday 9 January 2016

November Flowers - 2015

Back in November I went a bit mad in B&Q and bought way too many spring bulbs - nearly 150 of them!  The plan was to pretty up the front garden ready for prospective buyers to come and view the house.  I used the tubs that the tomatoes, courgettes and spuds had been in and the idea was that, once the bulbs were finished, I could dig them up to dry them and by then the tomatoes, spuds and courgettes, etc, were ready to go back in.  But, because the bulbs wouldn't be showing until the spring, I tarted up the tubs with over fifty winter flowering pansies for instant colour.  





Two things have since happened though which means the whole exercise was almost pointless - I have decided NOT to sell the house, but to stay here, so the bulbs will be for my benefit only, rather than any future residents.  And, secondly, we've had so much wind and rain recently that the pansies have all been shredded to bits.  So that was the end of the winter colour!

Having said that though, the garden is completely confused at the moment - the primroses are back out in flower, and so too are the alpines.


Crazy old weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment