Monday 11 January 2016

Odds and Sods - December 2015

December is busy every year - there's always so much going on.  But this year we had the added bonus of Mum and Dad's 50th anniversary celebrations (post to follow) and also a trip to Coulsdon to see Mary and Jim to drop Christmas presents off.


The weather was incredibly mild (although as I type this in early January, we have a severe cold snap forecast - oh good).




This was my first Christmas present - opened in the office early December on my last shared working day with Tracy, my room mate.  So thoughtful - I've never had a hamper before and was quite overcome!




I managed to get everything done in time this Christmas - with no IOUs to hand out on Christmas Day.   I felt a little smug, I have to admit, but also a little flat in that I'd run out of things to do mid December so was constantly thinking I must have forgotten something!  I hadn't!


Sid spent some time with us - and the boys tolerated each other just long enough for me to get a snap before Finn escaped upstairs to bed.




I discovered a new cushion pattern and I love this - I knitted it with a random chunky yarn, but with silver thread knitted alongside it.  And finished off with silver buttons.   Love this pattern - will definitely be making more.


Finn and I spent a lot of time snuggling up on the sofa - as always.


And this is me and Mum visiting Mary before Christmas, where I appear to be sporting a rather fancy head dress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment