Monday 5 January 2015

New Camera

On Boxing Day, my camera broke.  Not a major disaster, but leaving me totally bereft!  In fact, I've lost count of the Great Camera Sagas over the years - I cannot bear to be without one.  So if it breaks on a Tuesday, I usually have a replacement by Friday at the latest!   I've driven Andy mad over the years with my cameras.   So this time was no different - camera broke on Friday, Saturday was spent doing online research, Sunday was spent doing MORE online research plus reserving it online and Monday was the day I picked it up.  Andy had given me some money for Christmas (as well as giving me a new sewing machine, some Vera Wang perfume AND a new TV - I'm so spoilt!) which I put towards the camera - it was half price in the sale, but still quite an extravagance for me.  It's also enormous so I will need to think about how I use my camera when out walking Finn, or on holidays.

Because the weather has left a lot to be desired since my purchase, I haven't taken it outside to use it yet - we've had lots of rain so far.  And, yesterday was really beautiful with bright blue sky and sunshine but also with a lot of frost underfoot and slippery icy conditions.  I didn't fancy trying out my new camera, only to go over on the ice and smash it up on its first external outing, so it stayed indoors.

However, I have used it a LOT indoors.  Finn is already fed up with me following him around trying to take his picture - he is a very photogenic dog and poses really nicely for me, but even HE is bored of it now.   So I've had to find other subjects in the house to photograph and try out all the settings and Christmas, of course, is perfect for this.

I've tried lighting shots ...




I've tried close ups ...

I've tried tricky close ups ...


And I've even photographed my new angel decoration, which has flown all the way from Venice ...


But, mostly, I've photographed Finn!




And I've especially liked trying out the zoom - this camera has a 30x zoom, so is perfect for sneaking up on Finn when he's not looking!  


And sometimes, even when he is!



No comments:

Post a Comment