Sunday 25 January 2015

Tada! "High Noon" Pyjama Pants and Nightie

In Mum and Dad's new house - which they've been in for just three months now but which feels like they've been there forever! - Dad's bedroom was previously used as a dining room and the previous owners had removed the door and built an arch into it.  So it would be quite tricky to put a door back on, without some building work.   Amanda came up with the idea of putting saloon doors on so Dad could make an entrance each morning when he got up - and from then onwards, it has become a bit of a family joke.   Needless to say, when we were working out what to get Dad for Christmas, stetsons, spurs and sheriff's badges were mentioned!  

So what's a fabric-obsessed person to do?  Once again, I spent ages checking out fabric websites to find the perfect material for Dad's Christmas jimjams.   And I found it!


I love that it says "Howdy Pardner" and "Giddy Up" all over them!



Perfect!   (No elastic in these either, just tape cut to size.)

And so it came to Mum's nightie - which is a wee bit on the short side, but I do have enough fabric to make some three quarter length pyjama bottoms for the sake of decency. Goodness knows when I'll get round to making those though - my "to make" pile is so tall that it's in danger of toppling over! I couldn't use cowboy fabric for Dad and not get cowgirl fabric for Mum, could I?


I love this!   It really makes me laugh!


This was quite a new departure for me - I hadn't made a top before with a round neck that pulls over the head - the nearest I'd made with a round neck was my "Sew Happy" dress but, of course, that had a zip in it. Mum doesn't like anything too high in the neck, so this was all new to me. 


Very happy with how it turned out however and hopefully Mum will get her pyjama bottoms before Christmas 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment