Monday 19 January 2015

Tada! "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" Pyjama Pants

2014 was the year for making jimjams.   The majority of men in our family are particularly difficult to buy for, for birthdays and Christmas, but since I learned how to make pyjama bottoms, there has been no stopping me.  

For Rat's birthday pyjamas, I needed a very particular fabric, a musical something or other, but, despite spending HOURS on fabric websites, I couldn't see exactly what I wanted.  So annoying.   Luckily, Mum, Amanda and Shannon came to my aid - I received a really random 'phone call from them while they were holidaying in Yorkshire, to say they were in the market at York and would I like some fabric that had musical notes all over them?  Of course I would!


I have to say that I discovered that I really don't like working with black material - I just can't see the stitching.    I think that, if I ever sew anything in black again, I will need to move my sewing machine over to the french windows and do it in complete daylight.  Or even take it out into the garden!  



I'm really pleased with the way they turned out and Rat seemed so happy that he's even said that if I only ever give him jimjams for birthdays and Christmas from now on, he will be more than happy.   That's all sorted then!

These bottoms were actually sewn on my old machine - which was previously Amanda's - and it was so heavy that it wasn't very mobile so I set up my sewing area on the dressing table in my bedroom.  (My new machine is very lightweight so can be moved around the house - space and light permitting.)  I had to take this picture of Finn - who kept me company for every stitch on these, bless him!


No comments:

Post a Comment