Saturday 17 January 2015

Tada! "I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside" Wave Blanket

Every year, I try and make as many of my Christmas presents as I can, but even I can see that there have got to be some kids and parents out there who get fed up of my home made jumpers!   You can only have so many, can't you?   So for four of my recipients (and rather perfectly, two young men and two small ladies) I decided to try something a bit different - joint/ family presents.   And I have to say that these blankets are some of the most favourite things I've ever made, not least because I made them on holiday and so I have lovely holiday memories of them too.  This post is all about the boys' blanket and post to follow about the girls'.


The first was a seaside inspired colourway - I first wrote about this in a post back in September (Waves In Progress) when I started to make it.   The wool is a very hardwearing but incredibly soft acrylic yarn - Stylecraft - and I wanted something tough as it's for two very active little boys (and their Mum and Dad!) and I guessed it might get a bit of manhandling on picnics and campsites!


It was jolly useful making it on my October holiday too, as it kept me warm while in progress!


I do like a caravan for stretching your legs out!


And the more rows I did of this blanket, the more I loved it, so have resolved to make my own one day, in exactly the same colourway.  (I'm hoping to get my living room carpet taken up soon and laminate flooring put down and I thought that, if I used chunky wool, rather than double knitting, I could probably have The. Most. Beautiful. Rug. Ever.   It's on my list of things to make!)


Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment