Tuesday 26 March 2013

Satisfied

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am right now.  I have had my first crochet lesson and managed to make a granny square, which was actually ..... well ..... almost square!  I had been told to expect a bit of an irregular shape for my first, but I don't think it's half bad.  Judge for yourself.
The class was held in The Craft Room, Bryony's lovely shop in Norwich, by Sarah, who makes all sort of lovely things, including knitting needle bangles, crochet blankets - obviously - and adapted crochet hooks to stop your hands seizing up while you're working.  My fellow learners included Mavis from work and two young girls finishing up their degrees at the Art College.  We were all complete novices but all managed to produce these little squares of gorgeousness, thanks to Sarah and Bryony being very patient with us.

Bryony had originally asked me why Amanda wasn't teaching me, but Amanda had already warned me that things might get violent as she'd get frustrated by my lack of coordination and very short attention span. 

I'm glad to report that tonight's session was completely peaceful and non-confrontational.  I'm hoping to book the intermediate class at the end of April, but have been told that I need to have at least six granny squares made before booking.  Better get the hooks out then, hadn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment