Sunday 17 March 2013

Spring

As I type this, the rain is pinging off all windows and doors, and the roof of the outhouse.  It's been another weekend that I haven't been able to get out in the garden, so I've been making my house beautiful inside instead.  I did manage to dig up an ice cream tub's worth of spuds earlier this week, before the snow took hold once more. I still have seven more big potato tubs to harvest - and I really do need to procure my seed potatoes too for planting.  I'm very behind this spring.


The man has been here this weekend and we've recycled an old bookcase that had fallen apart.  Mum and Dad had given me a beautifully made bookcase as a replacement for mine - they are able to afford furniture that doesn't come as flatpack!  They are downsizing, so are finding new homes for their lovely furniture - I had a bookcase (which WAS flatpack) but the back had come apart, so I had (rather ingeniously I thought) turned it on its side and put lots of fabric boxes inside it and was aiming to use it as a sideboard.  It never really worked.  Anyhow, the man and I took the bookcase apart, my little window in the kitchen was duly measured and the wood was sawn accordingly and, voila, I now have a drinks/ spice rack - which looks gorgeous and takes care of a previously wasted space.  I'm thrilled with it. 

This was all achieved on Saturday morning, which left us the rest of Saturday and all of Sunday for relaxing - watching rugby, eating, drinking, chatting.  The man was happy to sit and watch sport on TV, with me beside him, knitting away and feeling very homely.  This is the view from my knitting spot on the sofa and these are the flowers that the man bought me this week. 




On a personal note, I have been struggling with weight issues forever it seems!   This week, I had good news ..... I have lost my first stone since starting back at Weight Watchers in September 2012 and was duly rewarded with this little stone as a replacement.  I am hoping for a proper collection at the end of this ordeal!


No comments:

Post a Comment